Friday, July 24, 2009

This Woman's Work

Life is too short to do things that we don't love, we must enjoy it while we can. Enjoy the beauty, enjoy the pain, enjoy the little things.  

Recently someone close to my heart was diagnosed with Cancer.  The news made me re-evaluate my life and think about what it is that makes me love life and what makes me happy.  I spent an afternoon at their house looking at an album of their life, and it made me see that life can pass by in an instant...  

As an actor, telling stories is what I am passionate about doing.  Affecting people-- in ways that they perhaps, aren't able to experience on their own....awakening feelings and emotions that were stored away.  

Well this week on television there was a story told through dance that really affected me.  It is a piece choreographed by Tyce DiOrio, and it is about a couple going through the struggle and turmoil of cancer together. The strength that the partner has to have to support her, and the struggle that she is going through inside and out.  Perhaps it is because there is someone near and dear to me going through this right now, but in any-case, it was beautiful and inspiring and I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy.


I leave you with an incorporeal noun for the day: Hope. Think about it. Embrace it. 

Peace,
J


No comments:

Post a Comment